Is Queens Public Library accepting donations of books or other materials at this time?
Queens Public Library is once again accepting donations (as of 12/1/21).
- Bring items to a branch, only when open to the public
- Accepted formats are hardcover books, trade paperback books, paperbacks, DVDs, and CDs
- All books, DVDs, and CDs must be in good physical condition
- Non-fiction materials must contain up-to-date information
- You will receive a Gift Acknowledgement Card for your donations
Queens Public Library will not accept:
- Computer, health, finance topics or textbooks that are more than three years old
- Magazines and other periodicals
Once accepted, your donated items will either be added to the collection or sent for recycling.
List of Other Organizations Accepting Book Donations
(as of October 2022)
Drop Off, Pick Up, and Mail options.
70 North Main St., Freeport, NY 11520
Books Beyond Bars
Currently "at capacity for book donations." However, they are still accepting donations of "Legal Help Literature."
Many locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn. They accept books at their bookstores and thrift shops and do provide limited pickup. See their site or call for further guidelines.
(347) 473-7400 (General Inquiries); or Call any Thrift Shop or Bookstore directly (www.housingworks.org/locations).
The Salvation Army
Drop Off and Pick Up options.
Local Store Drop Off (Check website for more options)
Turn the Page Again
Used Bookstore with a great mission.
39-15A Bell Blvd, Bayside, NY 11361
NOTE: Due to information frequently changing, we suggest calling in advance before bringing or shipping your donations.
Looking to donate your books, DVDs, and CDs to the Queens Public Library? Feel free to call us at (718) 990-0714. We will share our guidelines and hours with you.
Note: Click File for Printable Version of this List.