How many items can I have checked out at one time? And how long can I keep them out?
Do you have limits on the number of items I can request? What other loan limits are there?
- Borrow up to 50 items on your card at any time for most materials.
- Customers can borrow a maximum of 10 DVDs
- New Card Holders: Customers who have never owned a Queens Library card and are applying for a new card, will be allowed to check out a maximum of five (5) library items for the first thirty (30) days they have their card. If they owe less than fifteen dollars ($50) on their library card, they will get full borrowing privileges at the end of their 30 – day probationary period.
- Most items may be borrowed for 21 days. Most bestsellers, CDs, magazines, multi-set and nonfiction DVDs, video games, and high demand items may be borrowed for 7 days.
- Items can be renewed up to 3 times. Materials that have been requested by other customers are not renewable.
- Customers can request up to 25* items. (*QPL has temporarily increased the number of items customers can request from 15 to 25.)
For more information, see Library Card Guidelines.
For info on eBooks and other eMedia, check out the FAQ on Emedia Limits, Times, and Numbers.
Was this helpful? 0 0