How do I Request books or other items to be held for pickup?
Can I do this online or by phone? Can I request items even though I owe money on my card or only have an eCard?
- To request an item on our website, simply go to our library’s home page, click on "Search," and enter your keywords (title, author, subject, etc.), choose the category "Books, Movies, & More," and then click Search.
- You can narrow your results by using the filters on the left hand side. (For example, click Medium, Books, and then audiobooks.) You can also sort your results. (Sort by Pub Date to see the latest books by Patterson.)
- If there is a requestable copy of an item, click on "Login to Submit Request." Then enter your library card number (below the bar code starting with 11184 OR eCard*) and your PIN (a four-digit number of your choosing).
- Under Pickup Location, use the drop-down "Select a Location" and choose one of our Open Branches. Then click "Submit Request."
- Customers can request up to 25 items (total includes books, DVDs, games, CDs, etc.)
- The pickup period is seven days.
- The Library has increased the amount to $50.00 before accounts are blocked. When your account is blocked, you will not be able to check out or request items.
*eCard - You can use an eCard to request items, but must use a regular library card to borrow them.
Was this helpful? 1 1